|the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting at Lomonosov MSU invites you to partake in the international conference 'The Theory of Translation and Interpreting Today' which will be held on October 1-3, 2007. |
Participants in the conference are supposed to discuss a wide range of topical issues related to the modern theory of translation and interpreting:
• philosophy of translation/interpreting,
• sociology of translation/interpreting,
• methodology of translation/interpreting,
• linguistic aspects of translation/interpreting,
• psychology of translation/interpreting,
• cultural and anthropological aspects of translation/interpreting,
• history of translation/interpreting and translation/interpreting doctrines,
• criticism of translated literature (measuring success in translation),
• methods of teaching different types of translation/interpreting.
The working languages of the conference will be Russian, English, German and French.
Plenary sessions will be provided with professional simultaneous interpretation.
To partake in the conference one should fill in the registration form (Request for Participation) at www.esti.msu.ru The outlines of papers not exceeding 10 pages in length should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org until March 1, 2007. The Organizing Committee will carefully consider all the outlines submitted and inform each applicant of its decision not later than April 2, 2007.
Possible forms of participation:
• Oral presentation of the paper + publication
• Participation in scientific discussions
• Participation as a listener
The outlines of papers admitted to scientific discussions at the conference will be published in a special edition of one of MSU's scientific journals.
Upon receiving the Organizing Committee's confirmation of your participation in the conference you should pay the registration fee of 1,500 rubles (€50) by bank transfer to the settlement account of the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting not later than Juin 1, 2007.
The Organizing Committee